The Florida Department of Transportation, through the Southeastern Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (SASHTO), is pleased to announce the 2016 SASHTO Scholarship program. The following video explains how students of FDOT employees may submit a SASHTO Scholarship video essay.
There will be a total of $30,000 divided into 32 scholarships as follows:
- Eight (8) $1,500 Statewide FDOT Secretary Scholarships
- Eighteen (18) $750 District Secretary Scholarships, 2 per District,
- Six (6) “Wild Card” Scholarships
Scholarships will be award to winning applicants as follows:
- Eligible high school senior graduating this school year, who will be entering a 2-year college, a 4-year college, or a career/vocational/technical institution during the summer or fall of 2016.
- Eligible college or career/vocational/technical student who is currently pursuing a degree or certification.
NOTE: All applicants will compete for both scholarships. However, applicants who receive the “FDOT Secretary’s Scholarships” are not eligible for “District Secretary’s Scholarships.” All scholarships will be awarded based on the number of applications received.
Eligibility requirements and additional information 2016 SASHTO Scholarship information is available online.